- The scheduling of The Commons Plazas will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only recognized student organizations, UAB-wide Student Programs, and UAB departments will be permitted to schedule this space.
- Scheduling of events and activities for the following areas will be handled by the Hill University Center Scheduling Office using the Facility Reservation Request Form (Exhibit SA VIII-004-2).
- In order that appropriate accommodations may be provided, at least a seven-day notice is required for scheduling of an area. Exceptions may be approved by the Director of Hill University Center Operations on an individual basis.
- UAB student programming groups and recognized student organizations will be required to have their advisor’s signature on all Facility Reservation Request Forms (Exhibit SA VIII-004-2). Advisors will be notified of all changes and cancellations, though no signature will be required.
- For reservations involving food and beverage service, arrangements for related services must be made through the Campus Restaurants, in addition to requesting the Plaza through the Hill University Center Scheduling Office.
- Individuals or groups are responsible for the behavior of their members and guests.
- Individuals or groups are responsible for cleanup of the Plazas. All trash, litter, etc., must be placed in trash receptacles. The Plazas must be left in a clean and orderly condition; if this is not done, the group will be levied a minimum maintenance charge of $75.00. In addition, the group can be required to relinquish all privileges for using the quad for the remainder of the current term and the following.
- Individuals or groups are responsible for any damage to any UAB property. Damages will be charged to the individual(s) or group(s).
- The following procedures must be followed when using the area with a table for solicitation/recruiting purposes:
- The table must be staffed at all times.
- The group must keep papers, fliers, etc., from blowing across the plaza.
- In the event of inclement weather, groups will not be able to have a table.
- When a group is ready to leave, a representative from the group will need to alert the HUC Scheduling Office so that the table may be put away.
- Each group will need to clean its area of debris.
- Any exception to this policy must be approved by the Director of the Hill University Center Operations or the Assistant Vice President of Student Facilities and Finance.