Why choose International Studies at UAB?
- Prepare for multiple careers and/or competitive professional schools and graduate programs
- Choose a unique emphasis: Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America
- Experience the entire world on our diverse campus
- Study with a diverse international faculty who are leaders in their academic field
- Take interesting and challenging classes in world cultures, international relations, political science, world history, anthropology, economy, sociology, world languages
- Seize interesting internship opportunities that are part of your curriculum. You could intern with the Birmingham International Center, UAB Outreach Abroad, UAB Study Away, the Washington Center, the Hoover Multicultural Center, the Japan America Society of Alabama, or other options of your choice
- Experience study abroad and intermediate-level foreign languages as an integral part of your academic curriculum
- Take advantage of great UAB student engagement opportunities that you feel passionate about: the International Studies Club, international student organizations, intercultural activities, Global and Community Leadership Honors Program, etc.
- Ideally located in the cosmopolitan Birmingham metropolitan area, home to countless international companies such as B.L. Harbert International, Engineering News-Recod, Motion Industry, International Paper Company, Ciments Lafarge USA, National Cement, Mercedes-Benz of Alabama, Alabama Precision Mould, ZAP International, Hammerstein Corporation, Phenolchemie, Birmingham International Forest Products, Honda, etc.