1) The Computer Commons Area of the LRC is considered to have a collaborative learning environment. This type of learning experience is encouraged in the LRC. Students can work in groups around terminals. Be respectful to those around you.
2) Displaying inappropriate items is considered misuse of the computers and fall under the UAB policies for inappropriate computer usage. Examples of this are sexually explicit, graphically disturbing, or harassing images or text. Please refer to UAB Policy for Acceptable Use of Computer and Network Resources.
3) Installation of software or configuring changes are handled by UAB IT.
4) The commons area has 2 print stations and 1 copier for your use. Printing and copying is available at $.09/page. Color copies are not available in the LRC.
5) Certain items may be checked out form the LRC Information Desk. These items have a 3 day usage with weekend days not included. If not returned or re-checked out, student could have fines applied to their UAB account at $1.00/day and possible hold on grades and future registration.