UAB's 1917 Outpatient Clinic offers rapid testing for HIV infection with results usually available within twenty (20) minutes. There is no fee for this service which is available 8:30am-4:00pm Monday through Friday. If you need to come during lunch (12-1) or outside of these hours, please call one of the staff members below to set up an appointment.
If you need to be tested you may:
- Please come to the 1917 Clinic Front Desk during the above hours and request an HIV Test. The front desk will request your first and last name. If you have been tested at 1917 Clinic in the past, please notify the front desk.
- If you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact Chris Hamlin at (205) 975-9103 or Kelly Ross-Davis at (205) 934-9253.
Note: We will adminster the OraQuick HIV 1/2 Antibody Test using an oral swab. The test requires that you have not had anything to drink, eat, or chew or used in any mouth products (such as mouthwash) 30 minutes prior to your test.
The 1917 Clinic is participating in a new initiative to test 800 men who have sex with men. Tell us that you want to be 1 of the 800 to be tested as a part of this campaign!
By Appointment Only
Testing Together provides an opportunity for 2 or more individuals who are (or plan to be) in a sexual relationship with each other to be tested for HIV and receive results together.
Testing Together is a good fit for partners who agree to the following conditions:
- Partners agree to discuss HIV risk issues and concerns together;
- Partners are willing to receive results together;
- Partners commit to keeping shared information private and confidential;
- Decisions about revealing HIV status are made together.
A trained HIV testing counselor leads the discussion about present and future behavior and options for managing test results.
Click here for more information on Testing Together. Call Chris Hamlin at (205) 975-9103 to schedule an appointment.