Translating innovative science to new treatments through interdisciplinary and institutional collaborations in drug discovery and development.
The 2016 RFA is out! Please find the request for pre-proposals here. We are utilizing the same 2-tier approach as in 2015.
- Deadline Pre-Proposals: Friday March 18, 12 Noon (we will distribute proposals Friday afternoon to the reviewers, before the weekend)
- Full proposals will be sollicited from selected PIs by late March
- Deadline full proposals will be May 9; start date July 1
- Awards are for 2 years, $50,000 per year
- All UAB faculty and SR scientists are eligible to apply
- Only small molecule-directed efforts are considered responsive to this RFA
We are organizing a CCTS-sponsored lecture series about drug discovery, which will run on Mondays from noon to 1 PM in PCAMS, from March 7 to May 9 2016.
You can find a flyer here.
The list of lectures is below; if the presenter makes their slides available, the text will become active and link to the slide set, after the seminar:
Maaike Everts - March 7 - Intro to Drug Discovery and Its Funding
Indira Padmalayam - March 14 - Assay Development
Mark Suto - March 21 - What Makes a Target Druggable and Validated?
Ed Acosta - April 4 - Pharmacokinetics and ADME
Corinne Augelli-Szafran - April 11 - Medicinal Chemistry: From Hit to Lead
Charles Hebert - April 25 - Non-clinical Tox and Animal Models
Penny Jester and Maaike Everts - May 2 - How to Apply for an IND
Bob Bostwick - May 9 - HTS
A light lunch will be served; anybody is welcome!