Center for the Development of Functional Imaging
Paul Gamlin, Ph.D.
The focus of the CDFI is magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), especially functional MRI, in awake and anesthetized non-human primates using a 4.7 T vertical Varian scanner.
On staff we have a veterinary technician who is experienced with non-human primate experiments (both awake and anesthetized preparations).
We also have an MRI physicist who can build MRI hardware, write image processing software, and write new pulse sequences.
- Varian Unity Inova
- Field Strength 4.7T (200.238MHz)
- 60 cm bore
- 38 cm clear bore with gradients installed
- Gradients SGRAD 590/380/HD/P
- Vertical elevator
- Equipment for behavioral experimental control and visual stimulation
- Binocular eye tracking
- Anesthesia system and Invivo Research MRI Physiological Monitor
Software and Technology