Small Animal Phenotyping Core
Timothy Nagy, Ph.D.
Website: Small Animal Phenotype
The Small Animal Phenotyping Core (micro CT) provides investigators in the areas of diabetes and obesity research with analysis of body composition and energy budgets in mice, rats, and other small animals.
The Core offers terminal and in vivo body composition analysis for investigators studying changes in fat mass, lean mass or bone density. In addition, the Core is also fully equipped to measure the energy budgets of small rodents (food intake, energy expenditure, core body temperature, and activity).
- Scanco 40 uCT (for excised bones; good to 6 micron resolution)
- ImTek uCT (for in vivo work in mice and rats)
- Orthometrix XCT 3000 pQCT (for human and large animal bone measurements; in vivo)
- EchoMRI 3-in-1 quantitative magnetic resonance (in vivo determination of body composition from fruitflies to mice)
- EchoMRI rat QMR (in vivo determination of body composition in rats)