MAJOR RESEARCH INTERESTS
Mucosal immunology, in particular the interaction between innate and adaptive immunity in the development of an animal model of necrotizing enterocolitis
Development of murine model of small bowel disease to study the role of intestinal microbiota in the pathogenesis of injury
The development of the premature infant intestinal microbiota
Clinic trials in peritoneal drainage versus laparotomy for surgical NEC
Maheshwari A, Kurundkar AR, Shaik SS, Kelly DR, Hartman Y, Zhang W, Dimmitt R, et al. Epithelial cells in fetal intestine produce chemerin to recuit microphages. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009.
- EUS 2008 Working Group document: evaluation of EUS-guided drainage of pelvic-fluid collections (with video).
Varadarajulu S, Lee YT; EUS 2008 Working Group.
Gastrointest Endosc. 2009 Feb;69(2 Suppl):S32-6.
- EUS for the management of peripancreatic fluid collections after distal pancreatectomy.
Varadarajulu S, Trevino JM, Christein JD.
- EUS-guided radiofrequency ablation with a prototype electrode array system in an animal model (with video).
Varadarajulu S, Jhala NC, Drelichman ER
- Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: breaching the boundaries safely.
Varadarajulu S, Drelichman ER.
Gastrointest Endosc. 2009 Jan;69(1):115-6.
- Use of a pancreatic stent as a guide for endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of a solid pancreatic mass lesion in a patient with underlying chronic pancreatitis.
Varadarajulu S, Jhala NC.
Endoscopy. 2008 Sep;40 Suppl 2:E153-4