The course has 11 CEUs (three Pharmacology credits) and ACLS/BLS/PALs re-certification will also be offered. Continuing education topics offered as part of the Update will be:
· Implications of use of anticoagulants on regional anesthesia
· Anesthesia for the Obese Population
· Anesthesia for the Geriatric Population
· Multi Modal Analgesia
· Allergic Reactions and Anaphylaxis during Anesthesia
· The sad side of CRNAs: Work Pressures and Depression
· Bridging the Gap: Professional Role Transition from SRNA to CRNA
· Sugammadex: availability, adoption, and use
· Teaching the Teacher: Clinical Teaching Strategies for the Nurse Anesthesia Preceptor
· Review of Pediatric Resuscitation Drugs
· Review of Adult Resuscitation Drugs
The registration fee is $100 and covers breakfast, lunch, refreshments during breaks and ACLS/BLS/PALS certification cards. UAB Clinic Coordinators are invited to attend compliments of the School.
For more information or to register now, visit www.uab.edu/crnaupdate.