Applying When Number of Applications Limited by Agency
Some agencies limit the number of submissions in response to a program solicitation to one per institution. In order to ensure the most competitive proposals are submitted and provide UAB the most funding possibilities, please follow the procedures below prior to submitting proposals.
1. Identify the program solicitation or announcement (RFA, RFP, etc.) in which you are interested.
2. Review the solicitation to determine if there is a restriction on the number of submissions from an institution.
3. If there is a restriction, email your “request for permission to apply” to your appropriate Dean or Chair; copy Dr. Richard Marchase and email@example.com.
4. Once you receive approval from your Dean / Chair, forward their approval to Dr. Richard Marchase, Vice President for Research, for final approval.
5. Once approved, you may proceed with your proposal submission. Please include a hard copy of Dr. Marchase’s approval when you submit the proposal to OGCA.
6. Should you have any questions or need additional assistance with your submission contact your Grants and Contracts Officer. If you are not sure who your contact is, please call 4-5266 and speak with the receptionist.