Faculty Profiles: Sharon A. Spencer MD
Sharon A. Spencer, M.D.
"My interests center on the translation of novel radiotherapeutic treatments into clinical practice for brain, head and neck, and lung tumors. The combination of drugs with the refinement in radiotherapy planning and delivery exploit the additive benefit of combination therapy while seeking to reduce associated toxicity."
Phone (205) 934-5670
Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center
1700 6th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35249
|Education and Postdoctoral Training:
- B.S. Birmingham Southern College, Birmingham, AL 1979 Magna Cum Laude, Chemistry
- M.D. University of Alabama at Birmingham 1983
- Internship/Residency - University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 1983-1987
- Management of Post Operative Head and Neck and Reirradiation for Recurrent Disease, ASTRO Review Course, 2001-2002
Please click on "Publications" to view a full listing.
|Awards / Honors:
- ASTRO-ESTRO Travel Grant Recipient - Institute Gustave Roussy - Paris, France, 1992
- Fellow of the American College of Radiation Oncology, 2000
- American Cancer Society Life Inspiration Award, 2005
- landRuby F. Meredith Outstanding Clinician in Radiation Oncology Endowed Chair