EatRight Info for Physicians
EatRight by UAB Weight Management Services is a program that was designed to help individuals lose weight and keep it off. Our goal is to teach people how to eat increased amounts of low energy dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, other sources of fiber, and decreased amounts of energy dense foods high in fat and calories. EatRight by UAB offers the OPTIFAST meal replacement program that is designed for people who need to lose at least 50 pounds or more.
The success of this program has been consistently demonstrated since its inception in the early 1970’s. We take a multidisciplinary approach to weight loss and our staff includes dietitians, exercise therapists, a behaviorist and physicians. EatRight by UAB can safely and effectively teach individuals the tools to lose weight.
Patients will have two separate appointments: an RMR and lab appointment and a comprehensive evaluation.
What Your Patients Can Expect:
- At the Lab/RMR appointment:
- After checking into the clinic they will complete appropriate paperwork.
- Then have initial measurements of height, weight, blood pressure and waist/hip circumferences and have comprehensive labs drawn.
- Lastly, then will have a Resting Metabolic Test (RMR). They will get a full explanation of the RMR results and labs at their comprehensive evaluation appointment.
- During the comprehensive evaluation:
- Patients will have a one-on-one consultation with a registered dietitian.
- They will also have an individual visit with one of our physicians to finalize the details of their nutrition and weight control program.
- At the conclusion of the visit, they will be given our recommendations on the program that best fits their weight loss goals and needs.
Clinic Scheduling Contact:
UAB EatRight Main: 205-934-7053
UAB Health System Notice of Health Information Practices