Medical ClearanceUAB students must satisfy requirements, including immunization requirements, in order to be medically cleared for enrollment. The purpose of the medical clearance process is to ensure a safe and healthy environment on the UAB campus. Medical clearance requirements vary by school and student type. These requirements must be met to avoid having a registration hold placed on your student account.
The medical clearance process will be accomplished through a secure, confidential, web-based program, CertifiedBackground.com.You will be receiving an email from UAB or your school with additional instructions for how to create a CertifiedProfile and submit your documentation online.
Please select the appropriate link to the left to view your specific requirements. If you are not sure if you are clinical or non-clinical please contact your academic advisor. Please note that while the immunization requirements are listed in bullet-point format, you still are expected to read the full immunization requirements for your program.
Students in the following online programs are exempt from the UAB immunization policy:
- Construction Management (Master's in Engineering with concentration in Construction Management) [School of Engineering]
- Information Engineering Management [School of Engineering]
- BS/MS Accounting [Collat School of Business]
- BS Economics [Collat School of Business]
- BS Finance [Collat School of Business]
- BS Information Systems [Collat School of Business]
- BS Marketing [Collat School of Business]
- BS Management [Collat School of Business]
- MENG (Advanced Safety Engineering and Management)