UAB's annual Fall Leadership Conference provides an opportunity to learn more about leadership and develop your skills as an emerging leader on campus and in the community. The event will take place Saturday, October 19 from 8:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Heritage Hall.
The theme of this year's conference is "Putting It All Together," aiming to weave all the different aspects of leadership into a cohesive whole.
Sessions will be led by UAB Emerging Leaders and community leaders who have volunteered to share their time and expertise with students.
Student-led sessions include:
- Organizational Development – Jarvis Johnson and Tim Menees
- Leadership Qualities/Development – Jennifer Dingle and Indya Woods
- Conflict Resolution – Anthony Nicastro and Jasmine Prince
- Building a Better Team – Terrell Buggs and Aisha Regan
- Choose Your Quote (Leadership Styles) – Whitney Davison and Darius Nettles
Other community leaders who will present include Marsha Sutton, Dr. Andrea Gage, and keynote speaker Dennis Leonard.
Admission is free for and open to all UAB students. Participants will receive breakfast and lunch, as well as a conference T-shirt and other giveaway treats. To sign up, fill out an application form on BSync. The application deadline is Friday, October 18 at 11:59 p.m.
The Fall Leadership Conference is organized by Emerging Leaders and the Office of Student Involvement.