Internship Program 2016 - 2017 : Calling All Interns!
We are excited to offer a nationally recognized internship program for students interested in pursuing a career in the Campus Recreation industry. Our program is aimed at students that are juniors, seniors or at masters level looking for class credit or experience before full-time employment.
You will be given experience similar to graduate assistants and respected as a professional staff member within the department. Expectations vary by area, but will include:
- Program development and oversight
- Student staff development and oversight
- Project development and execution
- Finance management and budgeting
- Staff meeting attendance and input
We have three paid internships with a $1,500 stipend, meal plan, and housing in return for time worked within Campus Recreation and in Residence Life. Paid internships are available for two in Summer Camps and one in Facility Operations.
Want to work with a different program within our facility?
We welcome internship applicants throughout the year on an unpaid basis. These internships vary based on desired/required hours and internship area.
- Seeking or recently completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Sports Management, Recreation Management, Higher Education or related field.
- Currently certified in CPR/AED/FA (or willing to obtain within two weeks of employment).
- Possible background check for certain program areas.
Internships are available in the following areas:
- Adventure Recreation
- Aquatics & Safety
- Business & Finance Management
- Camps and Youth Programming
- Competitive Sports
- Facility Operations
- Fitness & Wellness
- Marketing & Special Events
- Member & Guest Services
- Fall 2016: July 31st, 2016
- Spring 2017: TBA
- Summer 2017: TBA