DSS has developed the below student and parent handbooks to answer questions about accommodations for students with disabilities. DSS staff members can provide additional information and resources regarding services for students with disabilities.
DSS Student Handbook
DSS Parent Handbook
- Request Textbooks and Other Materials in an Accessible Format
- DSS Test Proctoring
- Request Interpreting and CART
- How to Request Housing Accommodations
Service and Assistance Animals
- UAB has established specific guidelines regarding the appropriate use of and protocols associated with SAA.
Technology Available on Campus
- JAWS â€“ Screen Readers
- ZoomText â€“ Screen Enlargement Software
- Dragon Naturally Speaking â€“ Speech-to-Text Software
- Kurzweil 3000 â€“ Scanning and Reading Software
- FM Systems