The MA 105 Placement Test determines if you are prepared for MA 105 (Precalculus Algebra). Take this test if you want to challenge your placement into MA 102.
General test information:
- 30 multiple choice and free response questions.
- Time limit of 50 minutes.
- A scientific calculator may be used.
- Scratch paper is allowed.
- You must score 80% or higher to be eligible for MA 105
- Absolute value equations and inequalities.
- Cartesian coordinates. Graphs of functions.
- Concept of relation and function.
- Function notation.
- Linear equations.
- Lines. Slope.
- Slope-intercept form of the equation of a line.
- Point-slope form of the equation of a line.
- Linear systems.
- Word problems with linear models.
- Algebra of polynomials.
- Polynomial division.
- Algebra of rational expressions. Simplifying rational expressions.
- Simplifying complex fractions.
- Literal equations.
- Solving rational equations.
- Word problems with rational models.
- Integer and rational exponents.
- Algebra of radical expressions. Rationalizing the denominator of a fraction.
- Solving radical equations.
- Complex numbers.
- Solving quadratic equations.