College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Prior to scheduling an appointment for CLEP examinations, students should contact their academic advisors to determine the appropriate examination and any additional requirements (e.g., institutional essay requirements, etc.) for the course for which they are seeking academic credit.
- UAB Testing Center does not advise students as to the acceptability of any examination to specific programs/degrees/schools.
- Examinees may not repeat an exam of the same title within six months of the initial test date. If you retake the exam within the six-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled, and any test fees will be forfeited.
- UAB policy prohibits UAB students from attempting to take a CLEP exam if they have already received a grade in the course.
- Any special accommodations require special approval and must be requested in advance by emailing
CLEP Study Guide Information
Approved CLEP Listing for UAB Course Credit
- All students who plan to transfer CLEP credits to UAB from another institution must have their scores evaluated by UAB utilizing current institutional CLEP policies. Each student must request that an official copy of his or her score report be sent to UAB from The College Board.
- The maximum credit eligibility for all non-traditional credit is 45 semester hours.
- For information on requesting an official CLEP score report, visit http://clep.collegeboard.org/about/score. The CLEP score report recipient code for UAB is 1856. Please request that The College Board mail the official score report to:
Office of Registration and Academic Records
250 Hill University Center
1720 2nd Ave. S.
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0113
Please note the UAB Testing Center will be relocating in June and will have a limited testing schedule during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we will offer more dates as they become available.
Upcoming Test Dates
- May 29, 30 (9:00 am and 11:00 am)
- June 4, 6, 11, 13 (9:00 am and 11:00 am)
- May 4, 2013 (9:00 am and 11:00am)
Cost & Registration
- $80 non-refundable CLEP fee
- $33 UAB fee
Register for CLEP
Test Day Information
- Report to the UAB Testing Center (Hill University Center, 1400 University Boulevard, Room 470) at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Bring valid photo-bearing identification (e.g., driver's license, passport, student identification card, etc.).
- Parking is available in the following locations:
- Weekdays: 9th Avenue Parking Deck (1602 9th Avenue South; Birmingham, AL 35233). Enter the bottom level of the deck from 16th St. S. You will be required to pull a ticket to enter the deck and payment will be made at the “pay-in-lane” machine upon exiting the deck (Parking Rate: 0-1 hour $2.00; each additional hour is $1.00 to a maximum of $6.00 per day, per exit).
- Saturdays: University Boulevard Office Building (UBOB) Parking Deck (1212 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35223).
- Because tests may run longer than 90 minutes, we encourage you to avoid using metered parking. Metered parking is available on 14th and 15th Streets and University Boulevard, surrounding the Hill University Center. Meters have a maximum time limit of one and a half hours (Rate per half-hour is $.25. Handicap meters have a maximum time of two hours at the same rate).