- Prior to scheduling an appointment for CLEP examinations, students should contact their academic advisors to determine the appropriate examination and any additional requirements (e.g., institutional essay requirements, etc.) for the course for which they are seeking academic credit.
- UAB Testing Center does not advise students as to the acceptability of any examination to specific programs/degrees/schools.
- Effective October 17, 2014, examinees may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial test date. If you retake the exam within the three-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled, and any test fees will be forfeited. If you tested prior to October 17, 2014 you must still wait six months before retaking the same exam.
- UAB policy prohibits UAB students from attempting to take a CLEP exam if they have already received a grade in the course.
- Any special accommodations require special approval and must be requested in advance by emailing email@example.com.
- All students who plan to transfer CLEP credits to UAB from another institution must have their scores evaluated by UAB utilizing current institutional CLEP policies. Each student must request that an official copy of his or her score report be sent to UAB from The College Board.
- The maximum credit eligibility for all non-traditional credit is 45 semester hours.
- For information on requesting an official CLEP score report, visit http://clep.collegeboard.org/about/score. The CLEP score report recipient code for UAB is 1856. Please request that The College Board mail the official score report to:
Office of Registration and Academic Records
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0113
Upcoming Test Dates
- May 28 (9 AM)
- June 2, 10, 11, 30 (9 AM)
- July 29 (9 AM)
- August 3, 12, 20 (9 AM)
Cost & Registration
- $80 non-refundable CLEP fee
This fee must be paid in advance of the scheduled examination date. You MUST bring the registration ticket with you on exam day in order to test. Your name on the registration ticket must also match the name listed on your primary form of identification. Visit www.collegeboard.org/clep to set up your account, select the appropriate exam and pay the CLEP fee.
- $33.50 non-refundable UAB fee (Visa or MasterCard Only)
Test Day Information
- Report to the UAB Testing Center (936 19th Street South) at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled exam time with your valid registration ticket.
- Bring valid government issued identification that includes a photo and signature.
- Please allow additional time for parking. Parking information will be included in your confirmation email.