Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- DSST (Dantes Subject Standardized Tests) is a nationally recognized credit by examination program that awards college credit for courses via examination.
- UAB recognizes these examinations and awards credit for many of the available examinations.
- The maximum credit allowed for all students is 45 semester hours.
- UAB policy prohibits UAB students from attempting to take a DSST exam if they have already received a grade in the course.
- You can find DSST study guides in most libraries or book stores. You may also visit the official DSST website at www.getcollegecredit.com for additional information.
- UAB evaluates DSST credit based upon current UAB policy, not the credit granting policies of another university. Contact Prometric at 1-877-471-9860 to request that your official DSST transcript be sent to UAB (site code 9948). All DSST transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Registration and Academic Records
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0113
- December 10, 12, 18 (9 AM)
- January 9, 14, 16, 22, 30 (9 AM)
- February 11, 13, 19, 27 (9 AM)
- March 4, 6, 12, 20 (9 AM)
- January 25 (9 AM)
- March 8 (9 AM)
Cost & Registration
- $83.50 non-refundable UAB fee
- $80 DSST fee
Test Day Information
- Report to the UAB Testing Center (936 19th Street South) at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Bring valid photo-bearing identification (e.g., driver's license, passport, student identification card, etc.).
- Please allow additional time for parking. Parking information is included in your confirmation email.