Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- DSST (Dantes Subject Standardized Tests) is a nationally recognized credit by examination program that awards college credit for courses via examination.
- UAB recognizes these examinations and awards credit for many of the available examinations.
- The maximum credit allowed for all students is 45 semester hours.
- UAB policy prohibits UAB students from attempting to take a DSST exam if they have already received a grade in the course.
- You can find DSST study guides in most libraries or book stores. You may also visit the official DSST website at www.getcollegecredit.com for additional information.
- Any special accommodations require special approval and must be requested in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UAB evaluates DSST credit based upon current UAB policy, not the credit granting policies of another university. Contact Prometric at 1-877-471-9860 to request that your official DSST transcript be sent to UAB (site code 9948). All DSST transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Registration and Academic Records
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0113
- August 12, 18, 26 (10 AM)
- September 4, 9, 17, 23 (10 AM)
Cost & Registration
- $80 DSST Fee
- $83.50 non-refundable UAB fee (Visa or Mastercard Only)
Test Day Information
- Report to the UAB Testing Center (936 19th Street South) at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Bring valid photo-bearing identification (e.g., driver's license, passport, student identification card, etc.).
- Please allow additional time for parking. Parking information is included in your confirmation email.