Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DSST)
- DSST (Dantes Subject Standardized Tests) is a nationally recognized credit by examination program that awards college credit for courses via examination.
- UAB recognizes these examinations and awards credit for many of the available examinations.
- The maximum credit allowed for all students is 45 semester hours.
- UAB policy prohibits UAB students from attempting to take a DSST exam if they have already received a grade in the course.
- You can find DSST study guides in most libraries or book stores. You may also visit the official DSST website at www.getcollegecredit.com for additional information.
- Any special accommodations require special approval and must be requested in advance by emailing
- UAB evaluates DSST credit based upon current UAB policy, not the credit granting policies of another university. Contact Prometric at 1-877-471-9860 to request that your official DSST transcript be sent to UAB (site code 9948). All DSST transcripts should be sent to:
Office of Registration and Academic Records
250 Hill University Center
1720 2nd Ave. S.
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0113
DSST Study Guide Information
Approved DSST Listing for UAB Course Credit
Please note the UAB Testing Center will be relocating in June and will have a limited testing schedule during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we will offer more dates as they become available.
Upcoming Test Dates
- May 29, 30 (9:00 am and 11:00 am)
- May 4, 2013 (9:00 am and 11:00 am)
Cost & Registration
- $73 non-refundable UAB fee
- $80 DSST fee
Register for DSST
Test Day Information
- Report to the UAB Testing Center (Hill University Center, 1400 University Boulevard, Room 470) at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Bring valid photo-bearing identification (e.g., driver's license, passport, student identification card, etc.).
- Parking is available in the following locations:
- Weekdays: 9th Avenue Parking Deck (1602 9th Avenue South; Birmingham, AL 35233). Enter the bottom level of the deck from 16th St. S. You will be required to pull a ticket to enter the deck and payment will be made at the “pay-in-lane” machine upon exiting the deck (Parking Rate: 0-1 hour $2.00; each additional hour is $1.00 to a maximum of $6.00 per day, per exit).
- Saturdays: University Boulevard Office Building (UBOB) Parking Deck (1212 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35223).
- Because tests may run longer than 90 minutes, we encourage you to avoid using metered parking. Metered parking is available on 14th and 15th Streets and University Boulevard, surrounding the Hill University Center. Meters have a maximum time limit of one and a half hours (Rate per half-hour is $.25. Handicap meters have a maximum time of two hours at the same rate).