Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
- The test contains 120 questions.
- The test is one hour long.
- Any special accommodations require special approval and must be requested in advance by emailing
MAT Study Guide
Official Practice Test
Retest General Information
- If you are retaking the MAT within twelve months of your previous testing date, you must have a retest admission ticket.
- Examinees must also pay the $103 examination fee for each retest. Failure to use your retest admission ticket can result in your retest score being voided.
- If your score is voided because you did not use your retest admission ticket, you will not be entitled to any fee refund, and you will have to pay all applicable fees to take the MAT again.
Please note the UAB Testing Center will be relocating in July and will have a limited testing schedule during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we will offer more dates as they become available.
Upcoming Test Dates
- June 19, 25, 28 (9:00 am and 11:00 am)
- July 3 (9:00 am and 11:00 am)
- June 1, 2013 (9:00 am and 11:00 am)
Cost & Registration
Register for MAT
Test Day Information
- Report to the UAB Testing Center (Hill University Center, 1400 University Boulevard, Room 470) at least fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- Bring valid photo-bearing identification (e.g., driver's license, passport, student identification card, etc.).
- Parking is available in the following locations:
- Weekdays: 9th Avenue Parking Deck (1602 9th Avenue South; Birmingham, AL 35233). Enter the bottom level of the deck from 16th St. S. You will be required to pull a ticket to enter the deck and payment will be made at the “pay-in-lane” machine upon exiting the deck (Parking Rate: 0-1 hour $2.00; each additional hour is $1.00 to a maximum of $6.00 per day, per exit).
- Saturdays: University Boulevard Office Building (UBOB) Parking Deck (1212 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35223).
- Because tests may run longer than 90 minutes, we encourage you to avoid using metered parking. Metered parking is available on 14th and 15th Streets and University Boulevard, surrounding the Hill University Center. Meters have a maximum time limit of one and a half hours (Rate per half-hour is $.25. Handicap meters have a maximum time of two hours at the same rate).