HONORS PROGRAM IN THEATRE
The Theatre Honors Program is designed for outstanding students majoring in theatre. Through mentored work on an individually developed creative project or research topic, students will develop skills in preparation for graduate school or a professional career.
Honors majors have the opportunity to work on a mentored, individually designed project of their own creation. The final degree of the Honors major includes the title "With Honors in Theatre."
Acceptance into the Theatre Honors Program requires the student to:
• Be a theatre major;
• Have earned a 3.5 GPA in theatre courses attempted;
• Have earned a 3.0 GPA overall;
• Have completed THR 124, 125, 154, 210, and 235;
• Have completed 60 hours toward the BA degree; and
• Have completed at least two UAB theatre production practicums.
• Completion of required courses for the theatre major;
• Arrangement with a faculty mentor for a creative or research project;
• Submission of a formal project proposal;
• Registration for 3 credit hours of THR 496—Honors Project;
• Public presentation of the honors project; and
• Acceptance of the completed project by the theatre faculty.