The UAB EXPO celebrates excellence in research, creative activity and scholarship by showcasing the academic endeavors of undergraduate students. This provides a platform for practicing and strengthening presentation skills, sharing work, engaging with like-minded peers, exchanging research experiences and ideas as well as receiving feedback from both peers and faculty. In addition to this being a positive experience overall, it becomes an impressive addition to any resume when applying for fellowships and research placements. We hope that you will participate with your research and services and we certainly look forward to you joining us on the day!
There are nine main categories for oral and poster presentations:
- Art and Humanities (African American Studies, American Studies, Anthropology, Art and Art History, Communication Studies, English, Film, Foreign Languages and Literatures, History, Media Studies, Music, Philosophy, Theatre, Women's and Gender Studies)
- Biological and Life Sciences (Biology, Environmental Science, Gerontology, Natural Science, Neuroscience, Peace, Justice, and Ecology)
- Business, Finance, and International Studies (Accounting, Finance, Management, Information Systems and Quantitative Methods, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, and Economics)
- Health Sciences (Nursing, Public Health, Optometry, Dentistry)
- Physical and Applied Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Computer and Information Sciences)
- Service Learning (Research or service in conjunction with community partner)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (Government, Justice Sciences, Psychology, Sociology)
- Works in Progress (any discipline)
Works in Progress (New)
This section is for research presentations that are still in the developmental stage. This is an ideal section for students who have not presented previously or whose work is ongoing but would still like to present and receive feedback. Please identify in your submission that you would like your presentation to be in this section.