Research OpportunitiesThe Office for Undergraduate Research lists research opportunities for both UAB and other institutions across the nation.
For UAB Research Opportunities, please visit DragonTrail Jobs from Career and Professional Devleopment Services to search for research opportunities.
You can also register for Undergraduate Research Courses. All of these courses have a strong research component associated with them.
In addition, you should talk with faculty you have courses with and fellow students. Plus, every departmental website has faculty listings that describe the faculty's work and provides their contact information. These are all good sources for finding research experiences. A few of the more helpful resources that list faculty and their research interest are found at the following sites:
- UAB Media Relations Expert Guide - A large searchable list of UAB researchers which can be sorted by name or Area of Expertise.
- School of Medicine (SOM) Mentors - a searchable list of UAB researchers in the School of Medicine program.
- Graduate Biomedical Sciences (GBS) Themes - List of interdisciplinary thematic programs in the Biomedical Sciences
- Cellular and Molecular Biology Theme - a list of over 150 faculty from the Cellular and Molecular Biology Theme.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Theme- a list of different faculty in the Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics Theme.
- Research Faculty and Research Projects in the UAB Chemistry Department - a list of Chemistry faculty and their research projects.
- Research Opportunities in Psychology - a list of research opportunities with Psychology faculty.
Summer Research Opportunities
- Summer in Biomedical Sciences (SIBS) - UAB Summer Research Program in Biomedical Sciences
- Summer Program in Neuroscience (SPIN) - UAB Summer Research Program in Neurobiology. Contact Jan Phillips
- Experimental and Computational Materials Research - UAB NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in Physics
- Ethnoarchaeology in Fiji - UAB NSF REU in Anthropology
- Using Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Mathematics to Study Crime - UAB NSF REU in Justice Sciences
- Minority Health & Health Disparities Research Center: Summer Enrichment Program - UAB Research Training Program for Minorities in Health Careers
- NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) - Summer Research Experiences at Universities all over the country
- Pathways to Science Summer Research Opportunities - Searchable database of Summer Research Programs
- Fellowships and Summer Research - List of Duke and non-Duke Summer Opportunities
- Summer Research Programs - List of Summer Research Programs complied by University of Houston
And remember, you can always contact the Office for Undergraduate Research to set up a meeting to help locate a research opportunity.
You can find Summer Research Opportunities all over the nation by using the search engine found at the Institute for Broadening Participation website.