Seeking new Undergraduate Research Ambassadors
The Office of Undergraduate Research is seeking undergraduate researchers
to serve as ambassadors for the Spring 2016 and 2016-2017 academic year.
URA will work with their assigned research department to improve undergraduate opportunities, meet with students who are interested in starting undergraduate research, engage potential fellow students in regard to research opportunities on campus, and host research-centered events.
Ambassadors will be responsible for:
- Representing the UAB Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) at UAB days, Expo, and various events.
- Biweekly meetings will occur in the Spring Semester based on the schedule of the ambassadors.
- Taking part in mentorship roles, assist in workshops/professional development, and the UAB Expo in the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- Students from ALL majors, who have at least six months of research experience, are encouraged to apply.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student, and maintain a good academic standing (3.0 GPA)
- In addition to enthusiasm and strong communication skills, we are looking for a diversity of majors including the fine and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- Final selections will be made on basis of application by the Program Administrator for Undergraduate Research and the director of URA. Once selected, a meeting will be held.
Participation as an URA includes benefits such as:
- Opportunity to interact with faculty and academic professionals.
- A great résumé-building experience.
- An opportunity for a recommendation letter.
- Ambassadors may continue their position for 2016-17 academic year if they meet their job expectations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, January 31, 2016For more information, please contact Interim Director of URA Isabella Mak via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Program Administrator Gareth Jones at 205-996-7786 or via email: email@example.com