University Honors Program Scholarships
- Three Hess-Abroms Scholarships are awarded annually and are currently valued at $24,000, providing $6,000 per year for four years. All students applying for the University Honors Program are eligible and encouraged to apply for a Hess-Abroms Scholarship. There is a brief application form that can be obtained during your January/February interview.
- Five to eight William M. Spencer III Endowed Honors Scholarships valued between $1,000 to $2,000 each are awarded annually to students entering or currently in the UAB Honors Program on the basis of merit and need.
- One Rushton/Alabama Power Scholarship valued at $1,600 is awarded on the basis of merit and need.
- Three Juliet Nunn-Pearson Scholarships valued at $1,000 each, are available for incoming freshman only.
- One Steven C. Smith Discovery Award of $1,000 is awarded on the basis of merit and need.
- One McCallum Minority Fellowship of $1,000 is awarded on the basis of merit and need.
- One Ada Long Honors Scholarship of $2,000 is awarded on the basis of merit and need.
Most University Honors Program students receive scholarship support through the UAB Admissions Office. Please visit the Admissions Office Website for more complete information concerning UAB scholarships. New freshmen are automatically considered for all university-wide academic scholarships if they are accepted to UAB by the December 1 deadline.