- All PhD and MS students are expected to take and pass the six-module Vision Science course sequence (VIS 743, 744, 745, 746, 747, 748). They must also be continuously enrolled, until the semester of their defense, in the Vision Science Journal Club (VIS 700).
- PhD students are further required to take three upper level (700) graduate elective courses plus a course in statistics, presentation skills, and ethics. Dauphin Island Sea Lab (VIS 729) will count toward one of the electives.
- Courses offered by other graduate programs at UAB may be substituted for the upper level courses, if agreed to in advance by the mentor and Vision Science Program Manager.
- Additional, non-required course work should be discussed with the mentor and the Program Manager.
- Students must maintain a B or better average in all courses and make satisfactory progress toward the degree, as determined by the Vision Science Advisory and Admissions Committee to remain in good standing.