National, Regional, & Local Resources
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
A professional membership organization, that strives to improve the educational process by encouraging scholarly inquiry related to education.
- Alabama Women's Initiative
A Report on The Status of Women in Leadership in Alabama
- American Association of University Women
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of Women in Science
- Campus Women Lead
Campus Women Lead (CWL) is a multicultural alliance promoting a women-led agenda for the sustained transformation of higher education for the twenty-first century. An affiliate of the Association of American Colleges and Universities, CWL advances women’s inclusive leadership for excellence through workshops, publications, and a community listserv.
- Gains in Learning, Gaps in Earnings - Map
A Guide to State and National Data
- International Federation of University Women
An international non-governmental organization (NGO) of over 150,000 women university graduates from seventy-eight national federations and associations throughout the world.
- Program on the Status and Education of Women (PSEW)
One of only two women's offices sponsored by a higher education association (Association of American Colleges and Universities). PSEW's current priorities are curriculum and campus climate, promoting women's leadership, and disseminating new research on women and gender.
- Research on Women and Education (RWE)
To provide a structure for the promotion of research concerning women and girls in education at the intersection of race, class, gender, and culture.
- Status of Women in the States
The Status of Women in the States is part of an ongoing research project conducted by the Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) to establish baseline measures of the status of women in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The effort is part of a larger IWPR Economic Policy Education Program, funded by the Ford Foundation, intended to improve the ability of advocates and policymakers at the state level to address women’s economic issues.
- Women in the Academic Profession
- WIA Report: Tracking the Progress of Women in Academia
- YWCA of Central Alabama
Other Commissions of Women (Higher Education)
- Arizona State University
- Clemson University
- Emory University
- Kansas State University
- Oregon State University
- Stanford University
- University of Delaware
- University of Utah
- University of New Hampshire
- Vanderbilt University - Women's Social Policy & Research Center
- Wayne State University
- Women in Science & Engineering Leadership Institute University of Wisconsin