We are implementing a unified brand for UAB and UAB Medicine so we may provide consistent messaging about the university and medical center through all forms of media and outreach.
Our new tagline — Knowledge that will change your world — captures the very DNA of UAB and speaks equally to each facet of our mission:
- Education of diverse students in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Pursuit of research and the creation of knowledge;
- Delivery of the best and most advanced patient care in our clinics, hospitals and clinical trials;
- Service to the local and world communities — from free health care to the transformational experience of the arts; and
- A commitment to economic development that improves health, quality of life and prosperity in Birmingham and Alabama.
The importance of having a clear, recognizable brand cannot be overstated. In an environment as complex and decentralized as UAB, a brand will help unify, simplify and define us. It also will help elevate our profile with the greater public as we communicate our relevance and value.
As we work together to become one of the nation’s most dynamic and productive universities, we must share our aims and accomplishments with the world around us. UAB disseminates thousands of messages every day, and each one represents an opportunity to enhance — or fragment — our image. By maintaining consistent standards, we can capitalize on this enormous volume of communication and present UAB to the world as a multifaceted institution with a shared mission.
UAB’s Office of University Relations and the UAB Health System Office of Marketing have created a wealth of resources, as guidelines or downloads, to help you understand and demonstrate the ways in which your schools, units and programs exemplify Knowledge that will change your world.
Thank you for your support of this ambitious venture and for all you do on a daily basis for UAB.
With best wishes,
Ray L. Watts, M.D.