- Visit the UAB International Student and Scholar Services website. They have all sorts of forms, guides, and helpful links to make your life easier.
- Don’t be shy. Let your instructors know that English is your second language.
- Meet regularly with your professors. They are experts and can help!
- Visit the UAB English Language Institute. They will give you assistance with both oral and written English.
- Visit the UAB Writing Center. They have tutors and instructional workshops.
- Consider Graduate School classes for professional development.
- Make friends with fellow graduate students and work in your campus office.
- Frustrated and out of options? UAB student counselors are there for you.
We invite you to explore all of the programs and services offered to international students. International Student and Scholar Services will be able to advise you about how to apply and who to contact for information. Please visit their website, or send general questions to email@example.com.
And remember — you are not alone! There are other international students/non-native English speakers in graduate programs across campus.