The Children’s Creative Learning Center, a six week summer enrichment program, has been in existence for 41 years. Serving children from all over the Birmingham area, the enrichment program seeks to encourage children to select their daily plan of study, work at their own pace, and enhance their academic development. Whether it is a science experiment with everyday food items or writing and publishing a newspaper, children discover how exciting learning can be.
General Information: These are the details for Summer 2015 (all programs are closed the week of June 29). Please view your selected program's page for specific dates, times, and locations.
- Participants registering for the Movers and Makers Program must sign-up for a minimum of 3 weeks. They do not have to be consecutive.
- All children must be potty trained.
- We provide all supplies needed for each workshop. However, if your child would like to bring their own supplies they are welcome too.
- Parents will receive a weekly newsletter with a description of each workshop.
- Snack: There will be a snack time each day. Please send an appropriate snack with your child.
- Payments: All payments and questions about regsitration will be handled through Vestavia City Schools and thier extended day program.
- Testing: Every child participating in the Reading or Math program will be tested the first day they attend.
- Occasionally, children in the UAB Children’s Creative Learning Center may be audio taped, photographed, or videotaped for educational purposes or may utilize supervised internet access. If you do not want your child to participate in these media formats, please send your request in writing at the beginning of the summer session in which your child will attend.