FACULTY Click Here for PDF
I. Appointments. Appointments to the Center for Metabolic Bone Disease (CMBD) will be made on the basis of the outstanding quality and relevance of the program of the prospective faculty members and shall be considered as secondary appointments.
There are three specific requirements for CMBD faculty membership:
- Evidence of metabolic bone disease research and/or clinical interests;
- Active participation in a Center research program; and
II. Rank. CMBD faculty will hold one of these ranks:
- Senior Scientist - Equivalent to Professor;
- Scientist – equivalent to Associate Professor;
- Associate Scientist – equivalent to Assistant Professor, Instructor or Associate faculty member; and
- Associate – non-faculty status.
III. Application Process. The required documentation for the initial application consists of a curriculum vitae, a summary of current funding, and a description of current research.
Application materials will be reviewed by the Membership Committee, appointed by the Center Director. Recommendations of the Membership Committee will then be forwarded for review to the Center Director. If approved, the faculty member will receive a letter of appointment from the Center Director.
IV. Continuation of Membership. Center for Metabolic Bone Disease members are asked to:
- Participate in programmatic activities;
- Provide the Director with updated grant support information; and
- Submit an annual update on publications to the Director.
V. Privileges of Membership. CMBD members have the following privileges:
- Use of core facilities at discounted rates; and
- Participation in all aspects of the Enrichment Program.
For information on CMBD membership contact:
Susan L. Bellis, PhD
Department of Physiology and Biophysics
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0005
Email: bellis @uab.edu