OSP Drop Box for Electronic Submission to Grants.gov (click here)
● (OSP DropBox Instructions)
Grants.gov allows organizations and individuals to electronically find and apply for competitive grant opportunities from all Federal grant-making agencies. Grants.gov is THE single access point for over 1000 grant programs offered by the 26 federal grant-making agencies.
Download the Required Adobe Reader Software at http://www.grants.gov/help/download_software.jsp#adobe811. The software is free.
NIH eRA Commons
Research.gov Login Tutorial
Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide, January 2011
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Cost Sharing
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
US Department of Education
US Department of Justice
US Department of Energy
- You DO NOT need a login/password to search funding opportunities on Grants.gov.
- Many applications packages require the use of the latest Adobe Acrobat version. The software is free and no registration is required.
- There is NO need to register with Grants.gov, UAB is already registered.
- Authorized Organization Representatives (AOR) submit applications on behalf of the institution, therefore “AOR” access is restricted to the OSP staff at UAB.
- Completed electronic applications should be transmitted to OSP via the OSP drop-box. OSP REQUIRES that electronic draft applications be uploaded into the OSP drop-box seven (7) business days prior to the deadline and final application three (3) business days prior to the deadline. For information on the OSP drop-box go to: http://www.uab.edu/uabra/ogca/ogcapdf/OGCA%20Submitter%20Guide.pdf.
- UAB Extramural Checklists should be delivered to AB1170 simultaneously with the upload of the electronic draft application.
- UAB paper application routing process HAS NOT changed; paper applications should be submitted to the OSP office along with the UAB Extramural Checklist. Once the application has been reviewed by the appropriate officer it will be returned to the PI for submission to the agency. Once the final application is complete, the PI’s office is required to send a copy to OSP. OSP prefers to receive larger files via email.
- NIH, AHRQ, and NIOSH to Eliminate Error Correction Window for Due Dates on or after January 25, 2011
Beginning January 1, 2011, NIH will require use of xTrain for the Electronic Submission of Appointment Forms and/or Termination Notices for Institutional Research Training and Career Awards, Individual Fellowships and Research Education Awards.
Do you have a Federal Grants related question? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.