As if the end of the spring semester didn't clear the Hill University Center out enough, various services have recently moved to new locations on campus, making the once bustling center of student activity a very quiet place.
One Stop Student Services, Veterans Services, the Transfer Center, the ONE Card (Campus Card) office, Student Life, Student Engagement, and Academic Advising have all vacated the HUC, and Student Involvement & Activities will soon follow.
Here's a rundown of where each service has moved:
- Academic Advising → Heritage Hall 402
- ONE Card → Residence Life Center, 2nd floor meeting room
- One Stop Student Services → Residence Life Center, 2nd floor meeting room
- Student Engagement → 1715 9th Ave. South
- Student Life → 1715 9th Ave. South
- Transfer Center → Smolian International House
- Veterans Center → Smolian International House
Student Involvement & Activities will move to room 190 of the Campus Rec Center.
Also, the Blazer Cafe has closed permanently. Its food services will soon be replaced with new on-campus dining options.
The HUC is scheduled for demolition this summer to make way for a new student center to be completed in 2015. You can find more details on the Student Center Transition web site and on the HUC Moving Plan Map.