With services formerly located in Hill University Center temporarily scattered about campus, UAB is offering a free shuttle for students to help you get around. The shuttle began service on Monday, August 26.
- Monday through Thursday
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The shuttle will run in a loop connecting the residence halls to the Barnes & Noble at UAB bookstore with a few other stops in between.
Shuttle stops include:
- 16th Street South (heading south) - Campus Recreation Center
- Blazer Hall Circle
- Rast Hall Drive near the main entrance
- 19th Street South (across from 936 19th St. S) - TRIO Academic Services, Career & Professional Development Services, Testing offices
- 9th Avenue South near the 18th Street intersection - Student Engagement, Disability Support Services
- 16th Street South (heading north) - Denman Hall
- 6th Avenue South and 12th Street South - Barnes & Noble at UAB
A complete loop along the route (accounting for stops) is expected to take about 25 minutes.
Please note that the free student shuttle is the same style mini-bus as the Remote Parking shuttles. Look for the digital display on the front designating it as "Student Shuttle" (remote parking shuttles operate along the "Blue Line" and "Silver Line" routes).
Regular hours for the free student shuttle will be Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Campus Escort will be available each day after 5 p.m.