UAB knows the importance of having a good meal; it feeds the body and fuels the soul. For that reason, we continue to provide quality dining options that run the gamut from healthy to gourmet, fast-and-easy to downright delicious.
In addition to the services we already offer, there are new dining options on the culinary horizon:
- The recently renovated Hill University Center Café offers students a neighborhood coffee shop feel in the middle of the hustle and bustle. Cafe features Starbucks-branded coffee, refreshing Island Oasis smoothies, hot soup and quick-and-easy grab-and-go snack options.
- A new bistro featuring fresh made sandwiches, salads and gourmet grab-and-go items will make its home in the Business Engineering Complex this Fall. ZeBi will accept meal plans and will feature fresh teas and a lobster mac and cheese that is a must!
- Beginning summer 2012, 25 percent of the mandatory non-resident dining fee that isn’t used by the end of the school year will be converted into Blazer Bucks. That means you can use them to shop at the local CVS, area restaurants and more. The USGA passed this motion in 2010-11.
There will be no increase on the dining plans 1 and 2, which are required for residential freshman. There will, however, be a slight increase – 3.5 percent – on the lower five meal plans.
Here are the rates for Fall 2012 to Spring 2013:
- Plan1 – 15 meals per week – $1,722
- Plan 2 – 12 meals per week – $1,576
- Plan 3 – 10 meals per week – $997
- Plan 4 – 7 meals per week – $740
- Plan 5 – 5 meals per week – $562
- Plan 6 – 3 meals per week – $346
- Plan 7 – 16 meals per semester – $140
If you have any questions, please go www.uab.edu/dining.