Applicants who meet one of the following conditions are generally reclassified as in-state residents for tuition purposes:
- You are a regular, permanent full-time employee (not temporary) in the state or shall commence said employment not more than ninety (90) days after registration, or are the spouse, or dependent child of such an employee
- You are a veteran or member of the U.S. Military or Alabama National Guard, or spouse, or dependent child of such a veteran or member, and meet the qualification criteria outlined in Board Rule 202.IV.
- You are a member, the spouse, or dependent child of a member in the U. S. military on full-time active duty stationed in Alabama under orders for duties other than attending school.
- You are employed by UAB as a graduate assistant or fellow.
- You have proof of continuous residence in Alabama for purposes other than to obtain an education and significant ties to the state for the twelve consecutive months prior to your initial enrollment in an Alabama institution of higher education.
Where do I submit my application?
|If you are a ...||Submit your application to ...||By|
|Undergraduate student||One Stop Student Services (Residence Life Center of Blazer Hall) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org||August 1 (for Fall semester)
December 1 (for Spring semester)
May 1 (for Summer semester)
|Nursing Graduate student||School of Nursing
|Public Health student||School of Public Health
Student and Academic Services
|Dental student||School of Dentistry
|Medical student||School of Medicine
|As soon as requested, but no later than May 1|
|Optometry student||School of Optometry