To apply to UAB as a returning student, you’ll need to submit all of these things:
- a completed UAB application and the $30 application fee (nonrefundable)
- official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended other than UAB. Transcripts should be mailed directly to UAB by each institution. Faxed and hand-delivered transcripts are not considered official.
Effective Summer term 2016 a COMPASS score will no longer be required for admission.
All official documents and credentials should be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1720 2nd Ave S
Birmingham AL 35294-4600
Apply online now
To get your answer early, submit your application early. Deadlines for priority consideration:
|If you're applying for...||have everything in by...|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||March 15|
What kind of students is UAB looking for? It’s good that you asked. (See how smart you are?) We’re looking for people who get involved and stay involved. We like people who look for a little extra challenge to keep things interesting. We like people who aren’t like everybody else, because homogeneity can get really boring and variety is the spice of campus. We like smart, creative people who make us look good. We also like people who have solid GPAs and test scores.
Former students are subject to the same admission requirements and university policies as newly admitted students and should check with their academic advisor to determine whether curriculum or degree requirements have changed since their last enrollment. You must apply for readmission if you meet the following conditions:
- You have not been enrolled in undergraduate courses at UAB for one academic year or more
- You have attended another college since your enrollment at UAB
- You have graduated from UAB
The minimum requirements for former students:
- a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) after completing 24 semester hours of college coursework
- good academic standing at all of the other colleges or universities you’ve attended
If you have fewer than 24 credit hours of college coursework, you’ll also need to meet the minimum admission requirements for entering freshmen:
- a minimum high school GPA of 2.25
- a minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 950 (critical reading and math)
- If you graduated from high school four or more years ago, you’ll need to take a COMPASS test in place of the SAT or ACT. Minimum scores in all three test sections will be required: 37 in algebra, 60 in English, and 74 in reading.