Application! Oh, this is so exciting—it makes everything feel a lot more real, doesn’t it?To apply to UAB, you’ll need to submit the following:
- a completed UAB application
- $30 application fee (nonrefundable, payable by credit or debit card) or application fee waiver
- your official high school transcript (which should be sent directly to UAB from your high school)
- your official ACT or SAT scores submitted directly from ACT or College Board.
All documents and credentials should be mailed to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1720 2nd Ave S
Birmingham AL 35294-4600
To get your answer early, submit your application early. Deadlines for priority consideration:
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||March 15|
To be considered for UAB academic scholarships, you have to be admitted by December 1 of your senior year of high school.
UAB is looking for people who get involved and stay involved. We like people who look for a little extra challenge to keep things interesting. We like people who aren’t like everybody else, because homogeneity can get really boring and variety is the spice of campus. We like smart, creative people who make us look good. We also like people who have a strong high school academic curriculum and an impressive GPA and test scores.
Strong high school academic curriculum
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of social science
- 3 years of math (Algebra I and higher)
- 3 years of science (including 2 lab sciences)
- 1 year of a foreign language
- Plus 3 additional core courses, for a total of 17 core courses
GPA and test scores
UAB generally admits students with:
- a minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 950 (critical reading and math) and
- a minimum GPA of 2.25
Certain programs have additional requirements beyond UAB’s requirements for general admission. For details, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
Want to know? Want to know now? Really want to know now? We don’t blame you. Simply log on to MyUAB at www.uab.edu/MyUAB to check your application status online right now. Just take a deep breath and log in.
If you have any questions or require assistance, feel free to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com.