What separates the student from the prospective student? It’s not just the word “prospective”—it’s classes. To attend classes during any academic term, you have a few things to do before you can start.
Admitted Student Checklist
1. Obtain your BlazerID at uab.edu/blazerid
You will be guided through the BlazerID sign-up process, which will not only be the first part of your default @uab.edu e-mail address, it will also serve as your username on a number of UAB services. Choose carefully because once it is set, your BlazerID can never be changed or removed, regardless if you change marital status, decide the ID is inappropriate for class or work or a resume, or later get hired or return to school here. Students cannot register for classes without a BlazerID. Please wait at least one hour after receiving your BlazerID before attempting to register.
2. Register for classes
Log on to BlazerNET using your BlazerID and strong password at uab.edu/blazernet and click Registration.
- Transient, Temporary, and Post-baccalaureate students register during Open Registration. View the Academic Calendar for dates.
- Transient students who wish to register for a course that has a pre-requisite may obtain a pre-requisite override by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 205-934-8228.
3. Sign up for a parking pass
- Once You've obtained your BlazerID go to uab.edu/parking.
- On the left hand side, click on Visiting Campus, then Student, then Apply for Parking, then Purchase Permits.
Note: New students should allow 2 business days for registration to load into the system prior to purchasing a permit.
4. Get your UAB ONE Card
Your ONE Card acts as your official ID and free pass to UAB athletic events, recreational facilities, intramural sports, and libraries. Get your UAB ONE Card at the Residence Life Center of Blazer Hall, 920 16th Street South.
5. Purchase your textbooks
- Click on Textbooks at the top of the page
- Select your Term, Department, Course, and Section then click Add Course
- Add all your courses, then choose View Textbook List to find out the textbook required for the classes.
6. Submit immunization formsUAB students must satisfy immunization requirements in order to be medically cleared for enrollment. Medical clearance requirements vary by school and student type.
UAB is currently implementing a fully online system for students to submit immunization and other medical clearance requirements. Please do not submit any documentation at this time. We will email you with details about submitting your documentation.
More details about immunizations are available at uab.edu/studentimmunizations.