Apply for Admission (High School Dual Enrollment)

Application for Admission

To apply to UAB, you’ll need to submit all of these things:

Mail all documents and credentials to:

Office of Undergraduate Admission
Box 99
1720 2nd Ave S
Birmingham AL 35294-4600

Apply online now


Application Deadlines for non-degree seeking applicants:

Application Term Deadline
Fall August 1
Spring December 15
Summer April 15


What kind of students is UAB looking for? It’s good that you asked. (See how smart you are?) We’re looking for people who get involved and stay involved. We like people who look for a little extra challenge to keep things interesting. We like people who aren’t like everybody else, because homogeneity can get really boring and variety is the spice of campus. We like smart, creative people who make us look good. We also like people who have a strong high school academic curriculum and an impressive GPA and test scores.

The Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit option is available only to those students whose high schools have a formal Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit agreement with UAB.

Qualified Schools:
Alabama School of Fine Arts
Birmingham City Schools
Homewood High School
Hoover City Schools
Jefferson County Schools
Mountain Brook High School
Pell City High School
Pellham City Schools
Shelby County Schools

A high school junior or senior may apply for dual enrollment/dual credit in order to take courses as a non-degree student at UAB while still completing high school and apply credit earned at UAB both toward college requirements and toward the high school diploma.

Individual courses taken by dual enrollment/dual credit must be pre-approved by the student’s high school. Prior to each term of enrollment under the dual enrollment/dual credit option, the student must submit a letter from the high school identifying the pre-approved course(s) to be taken for dual credit.

Dual enrollment requirements
  1. Contact Undergraduate Admissions at 205-934-8221 or to discuss the student’s goals and qualifications for dual enrollment. In some cases, a meeting may be appropriate.
  2. Apply for admission as a dual enrollment student at
  3. Pay the $30 application fee.
  4. Submit all required materials:
    1. An official high school transcript, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
    2. An official ACT or SAT score report (may be included on the official high school transcript), with a recommended ACT of 25. If you have not taken the ACT or SAT, we may consider PSAT or PLAN scores.
    3. A letter of permission from a parent or guardian which states the specific class and term in which the student desires enrollment.
    4. A written statement of support from the high school principal which states the specific class and term in which the student desires enrollment.

Check Status of App

Use your student identification number and PIN to check your application status online right now. Just take a deep breath and click the link.

Check the status of your application online