Application! Oh, this is so exciting—it makes everything feel a lot more real, doesn’t it?
To apply to UAB, you’ll need to submit all of these things:
- a completed UAB application and the $30 application fee
- your official high school transcript (which should be mailed directly to UAB from your high school) or GED score (must be 19 years of age)
- your official test score results - COMPASS examination (for applicants 22 years of age and older), ACT or SAT (for applicants 19-21 years of age)
Mail all documents and credentials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admission
1720 2nd Ave S
Birmingham AL 35294-4600
To get your answer early, submit your application early. Deadlines for priority consideration:
|If you're applying for...||have everything in by...|
|Fall Semester||June 1|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
|Summer Semester||March 15|
To be considered for UAB academic scholarships, you have to be admitted by December 1 of your senior year of high school. Applications completed after December 1 will be considered on a funds-available basis. So your best bet is to apply online now.
What kind of students is UAB looking for? It’s good that you asked. (See how smart you are?) We’re looking for people who get involved and stay involved. We like people who look for a little extra challenge to keep things interesting. We like people who aren’t like everybody else, because homogeneity can get really boring and variety is the spice of campus. We like smart, creative people who make us look good. We also like people who have a strong high school academic curriculum and an impressive GPA and test scores.
Requirements for students who graduated from high school four or more years ago and have not attended college, or who have attended college and earned fewer than 24 semester hours
- Minimum high school grade point average of 2.25 or minimum score of 520 on the GED test
- Applicants must take and pass the COMPASS examination; must achieve satisfactory minimum scores in all 3 (Algebra 37, English 60, and Reading 74) test sections. Visit www.uab.edu/testing for more information regarding the COMPASS exam.
Certain programs have additional requirements beyond UAB’s requirements for general admission. For details, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.