This option is intended for students who have completed the highest academic subjects available at their high schools and are seeking a further academic challenge. Dual enrollment offers the opportunity to pursue a student’s interests and also to gain college credit while enrolled in high school. This option is available to students in schools which have a partnership with UAB that allows earning high school and college credit simultaneously.
Partner high schools/School Systems
- Alabama School of Fine Arts
- Birmingham City Schools
- Homewood High School
- Hoover City Schools
- Jefferson County Schools
- Mountain Brook High School
- Pelham City Schools
- Pell City High School
- Shelby County Schools
Dual enrollment students must have successfully completed the appropriate high school coursework (i.e. if you wish to enroll in English 101 at UAB, you must have completed 4 units of high school English).
To apply for dual enrollment at UAB, students must do the following:
- Contact Frank Paige, Dual and Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator at 205-934-8221 or email@example.com to discuss the student’s goals and qualifications for dual enrollment. In some cases, a meeting may be appropriate.
- Apply for admission as a dual enrollment student at uab.edu/apply
- Pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit all required materials:
- An official high school transcript, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- An official ACT or SAT score report (may be included on the official high school transcript), with a recommended ACT of 25. If you have not taken the ACT or SAT, we may consider PSAT or PLAN scores.
- A letter of permission from a parent or guardian which states the specific class and term in which the student desires enrollment.
- A written statement of support from the high school principal which states the specific class and term in which the student desires enrollment.
When mailing or faxing any documents to our office, please direct them to the attention of Frank Paige.