- Published on May 25, 2010
In some ways it feels like we just got here. In others, it is as if we’ve been away from home for very long. I always look forward to coming to Palmer. And when the team’s season is coming to a close, I always look forward to getting home. Next week, we’ll be on our way home to summer from a station becoming more and more wintery as each day proceeds.
- Published on May 23, 2010
I have heard it several times: “the most important person on station is the cook.” Although in a station as small as ours, everyone is pretty important to making the station run smoothly, there is truth to this statement. Food is important- we need to eat every day. The chefs are very central to the morale of a community like ours.
- Published on May 20, 2010
17-22 May is Bike to Work week in the US. Were I at home I would be commuting to UAB on my bicycle. It is a great way to start the day! In keeping with that spirit, this week my normal early morning gym visit has in principle been my bike to work. I saddle up for a long ride on the stationary spin bike in Palmer Station's small gym. Tailored tunes on an I-pod help recreate the long flat stretches on Highway 31 and the endless long climb up and over Shades Mountain on Columbiana Road.
- The Wonders of Natural Products
- Cool Florida Chemists
- House Mouse
- There’s a time and place for Weather; you like it or not.
- A Passion for Pods part 2
- Oxygen as a chemical weapon Part 3: Glow-in-the-dark algae
- We’re getting dark and snowy
- The Winter Begins
- Oxygen as a chemical weapon Part 2: Meet the ROS