Welcome to Theatre UAB!
- Winner of university theatre’s highest honors, including regional and national recognition by the KCACTF
- Fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre
- Over 500 opportunities each year for student writers, actors, technicians, running-crew members, stage managers, dramaturgs, or directors
- More than 100 opportunities each year for students to design scenery, costumes, lighting, or sound
- State-of-the-art performance and production facilities in the Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center
We're a bit late in reporting this, but Department alum Jonida Beqo has once again wowed audiences with one of her original one-woman shows. Her latest performance piece, Harabel, was the hit of the fall season for Atlanta theatre group Theatrical Outfit --
Theresa Robbins Dudeck, Ph.D. (Theatre UAB 1992) has been working for years on the definitive biography of groundbreaking director Keith Johnstone, and her efforts have paid off -- the book is now out from Bloomsbury and is available worldwide.