Mission and Goals
To promote the improvement of educational outcomes of students, schools, and agencies through responsive and valid data-based decisions focused on reform.
To advocate publicly for systematic data-based improvements of resources, policies, and practices in order to support educational outcomes.
To facilitate systematic data-based improvements of resources, policies, and practices in order to support educational outcomes through research and inquiry by:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of programs designed to directly or indirectly impact student achievement and provide responsive data-based recommendations.
- Providing technical assistance to programs and agencies interested in conducting systematic internal evaluations in order to improve resources, policies, and practices supporting educational outcomes.
- Performing basic research on measurement, assessment, evaluation, and dissemination methodologies that may lead to improvements in data-based educational reform.
To inform stakeholders about issues relating to educational accountability and about resources, policies, and practices which support educational outcomes by:
- Disseminating findings of studies conducted by the Center that demonstrate the processes and results of data-based reform which support educational outcomes.
- Disseminating information about research-based policies, practices, and resource allocations that have promise for improving educational outcomes.
- Studying, interpreting, and reporting the impact of state and national policies related to assessment and accountability in education.
To train policy-makers, researchers, and educators about the knowledge and skills needed to advocate, facilitate, and inform efforts to support educational accountability.