Comprehensive Examination Guidelines
Master’s ‘Exercise Physiology – Plan II’/Non-Thesis
The Comprehensive Examination Questions (Comps) are essay/short answer format, and are held between 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on the 7th Friday of the Fall/Spring semesters and the 4th Friday of the 10 week Summer semester.
Students must pass 3 out of the 4 Comp class questions. The Comp questions will come from four classes that are pre-approved by Dr. Hunter (Advisor).
Students will be tested on coursework from the following classes:
- EPR 692 (questions provided by Mary Norwood prior to Comps)
- PE 637 or 638.
- Two additional classes approved by Dr. Hunter.
- Step 1: Download and complete the Registration Form.
- Step 3: After obtaining Dr. Hunter’s signature, drop off the completed form to Mary Noorwood in EB 149L.
- Step 4: Within 5 business days, you will receive an email from Mary Norwood confirming the day, time, and location of the Comp Exam in addition to study questions for EPR 692.
|Semester that Comps will be taken||Deadline to submit Registration Form (must be signed by Dr. Hunter) to Ms. Norwood (EB 149L).||Date of Comps|
|Spring 14||Fri, Feb 7||Fri, Feb 21|
|Summer 14||Fri, June 13th||Fri, June 27th|
|Fall 14||Fri, Sept 26||Fri, Oct 10|
|Spring 15||Fri, Feb 6||Fri, Feb 20|
|Summer 15||Fri, June 12th||Fri, June 26|
Questions or Concerns: