Comprehensive Examination Guidelines
Master’s ‘Exercise Physiology – Plan II’/Non-Thesis
The Comprehensive Examination Questions (Comps) are essay/short answer format, and are held between 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on the 7th Friday of the Fall/Spring semesters and the 4th Friday of the 10 week Summer semester.
Comps may be taken no earlier than the semester prior to graduation. Students must submit their completed ‘Registration Form’ for approval to Dr. Hunter (email@example.com, EB 201, Ph: 934-8338) no later than 3 weeks prior to the exam date.
Students must pass 3 out of the 4 Comp class questions. The Comp questions will come from four classes that are pre-approved by Dr. Hunter (Advisor).
Students will be tested on coursework from the following classes:
- EPR 692 (questions provided by Mary Norwood prior to Comps)
- PE 637 or 638.
- Two additional classes approved by Dr. Hunter.
- Step 1: Download and complete the Registration Form.
- Step 2: Setup an advising appointment with Dr. Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org, EB 201, Ph: 934-8338) to review and approve the registration form.
- Step 3: After obtaining Dr. Hunter’s signature, drop off the completed form to Mary Noorwood in EB 149L.
- Step 4: Within 5 business days, you will receive an email from Mary Norwood confirming the day, time, and location of the Comp Exam in addition to study questions for EPR 692.
|Semester that Comps will be taken||Deadline to submit Registration Form (must be signed by Dr. Hunter) to Ms. Norwood (EB 149L).||Date of Comps|
|Spring 14||Fri, Feb 7||Fri, Feb 21|
|Summer 14||Fri, June 13th||Fri, June 27th|
|Fall 14||Fri, Sept 26||Fri, Oct 10|
|Spring 15||Fri, Feb 6||Fri, Feb 20|
|Summer 15||Fri, June 12th||Fri, June 26|
Questions or Concerns:
Please contact Dr. Jane Roy, Master's EP Graduate Program Director (email@example.com, 205-934-1757, EB 205) if you have any questions or concerns about the Comps procedure.