Kiko King '12
Degree completed: Masters in Education, Community HealthCurrent City/State: Birmingham, Alabama
Job title: Coordinator of Health Education
As a Coordinator of Health Education with the Department of Infectious Diseases, I work as part of the behavioral research intervention team bringing patient-centered educational interventions to persons living with HIV. These interventions are geared toward increasing HIV awareness, getting connected to care, increasing HIV medication adherence, and reducing risky sexual behaviors.
How did UAB prepare you for your current position?
The program at UAB prepared me for this role by providing me with instruction that gave me the tools, included hands on skills building in program design, implementation and management, educational tool usage (creating a learning center), and research (writing a conceptual model); all of which I use everyday.
Johnny Hawkins '13
Degree completed: BS, Health Education
Current City/State: Birmingham, Alabama
Job Title: Senior Clinical Coordinator with Unitedhealthcare
- Appropriate referrals to case management staff
- Educate patients on wellness and preventive medicine
- Ensure that medical doctors follow policy and procedures for UnitedHealthCare cardholders
- Interact with patients via telephone; scheduling appointments
- Perform data collection, data entry and quality monitoring activities
- Document case information completely
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
Fawn Tucker '12
Degree completed: Masters in Health Education, Community Health
Current City/State: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Title: Health Education/Physical Education teacher - Head Girls Varsity Basketball Coach
Job description: As a health and physical education teacher, I have the opportunity to impact my students lives by making them aware of their choices and their responsibility for these choices.