Degree completed: BS, Health Education
Current City/State: Birmingham, Alabama
Job Title: Senior Clinical Coordinator with Unitedhealthcare
- Appropriate referrals to case management staff
- Educate patients on wellness and preventive medicine
- Ensure that medical doctors follow policy and procedures for UnitedHealthCare cardholders
- Interact with patients via telephone; scheduling appointments
- Perform data collection, data entry and quality monitoring activities
- Document case information completely
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
How did UAB prepare you for your current position?
All of my classes and my internship prepared me to take on this role at UnitedHealthCare.
What did you enjoy most about your program?
All of my Professors were awesome! They provided excellent leadership and guidance to help me succeed as a Health Educator.
To what do you attribute your success?
I attribute my success to my professors, and the program curriculum at The University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Education.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In the fall of 2014, I will start my Masters in Public Health. After graduating from this program, I plan to open my own Non- Profit Wellness Center.