1) NO application fee is required for US citizen or Permanent Resident applicants.
2) All applications must be submitted online via the ApplyYourself system.
3) It is important to review the Application Process Checklist provided by each program in their listing in the Graduate Program Directory. The checklist provides detailed instructions and any additional program specific requirements, although common requirements are listed below.
- Online application thru Apply Yourself
- Test scores
- GRE: official scores no more than 5 years old, required of all applicants
- TOEFL: official scores no more than 2 years old required of international applicants only GRE and TOEFL
- Institutional code for UAB: 1856
- Official transcripts are required from all institutions attended after high school and should be sent to:
UAB Graduate School
HUC 511 / 1530 3rd Ave South
Birmingham, AL 35294-1511
Do not send materials to the Cancer Biology Theme office.
- Reference Letters
3 reference letters must be provided via online submission only through the ApplyYourself system.
Deadlines and Other Dates
- International Applicants - January 15 application deadline
Domestic Applicants - January 31 recommended for priority consideration
- Interview visits for selected applicants, January and February
- Official acceptance of admission offer deadline is April 15
- Admission provided for Fall term enrollment only, typically mid to late August