UAB Compensation is responsible for the design, development, administration and maintenance of a University-wide compensation classification and pay delivery program.
The Compensation program includes:
- Development and adjustment of salary structures
- Establishment of job and performance evaluation methodologies
- Communication of pay policies and procedures
- Consultation with management regarding pay distribution strategies
Each classification within UAB's general grade and range structure is assigned a corresponding pay grade and range. These grades and ranges collectively form the University's general grade and range structure.
Our goal is to attract, motivate and retain a qualified and diverse workforce while being cost effective and in support of the Strategic Plan for The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
We focus on ensuring the pay program is:
- Competitive: Reflecting what the market pays for similar jobs to help us keep and attract high-performing talent.
- Performance-based: Rewarding the impact an individual's performance has on UAB's success with pay decisions based on achievements rather than number of years of experience alone.
- Transparent: Helping staff members understand their pay opportunities, with a clear line of sight to how performance is measured.
- Consistent: Making pay decisions for similar jobs throughout the university in an equitable way.